Breasts Not Bombs?
So I wanted to get some female opinions on this. I guess two questions spring to mind:
- Does the double standard of men being able to not wear shirts in public while women can't bother you?
- Do you think that being topless should be considered free "speech"?
3 Comments:
I don't think it's a "free speech" issue.
I do think there's an inequality built into the law that says that men can show their nipples but women can't without getting arrested.
But seriously -
It's not telling men or women to walk around topless that's the issue at hand, it's whether it is permissable by law for them to walk around topless.
Nudity in art I believe is a 1st ammendment issue, but nudity during a protest? I think not.
And, Molly - even if it were legal for women to walk around in public topless, nobody would try and force you to do it. Ha. I'd like to see them try.
But your reason for not walking around topless has nothing to do with legality. Thus her argument for trying to get you to walk around topless (is unfounded) and would not be affected by the legality of walking around topless.
Modesty is PERSONAL and if she hasn't gotten that bit yet, she's probably missed the boat entirely.
But modesty is a topic for a different thread.
Post a Comment
<< Home