CEO Diversity
So even though the gender-based glass ceiling isn't coming down, there seems to be some evidence that class-diversity is increasing in Corporate America. The article sets it in direct comparison to Political America where we are increasingly electing rich white men (educated in 'elite' institutions) to lead the country.
What does this mean, really? Will the rest of society start following the example presented by the business world and start operating more meritocratically? Is this the crack in the dam that will actually achieve everything affirmative action failed miserably to do?
1 Comments:
Molly, you might be a bit on the cynical side, but I don't think it's completely unwarranted.
But - on the other side, is Tim's comment from my thread on MDowd's book - which is that ht only people you can pick on in our politically correct world are heterosexual white men, because they have no historical recourse to claiming victimstatus.
I remember some sort of thing about "Women CEOs" being on the rise in general, because of the high trend in women's entrepreneurship. That doesn't help with Fortune 50, 100, 500 companies, but most women I know don't want to be that high up in that kind of company. Hell, I saw what being CFO of a Fortune 50 did to my dad and I have NO interest in going there even with several 10-foot poles.
Post a Comment
<< Home