Equal Employeement?
So I found an article about a company that had a job that required people to lift 35lbs to a height of 65". So they thought they could test this as a requirement of the job... makes sense right?
Apparently not to the courts. They ruled that since more men passed the test then women that it violated equal opportunity laws.
This is insane that you can't actually hire someone that can actually do the job safely... might as well keep job quotas if this is the way things go.
2 Comments:
waist height is WAY different than 61".
With waist height, all you have to do is get underneath it and stand up.
61" is 5'1". It's shoulderheight or higher on most women, requiring a completely different set of musclegroup actions that are WAY harder. That said, I'm with Patrick, it's rediculous to hire people who cannot do the job properly.
I'm required to be able to lift 40lbs for my job.
"standing on tiptoe while heaving the weights"
That seems to be a GREAT way to have many injured women workers IMHO.
Post a Comment
<< Home