Saturday, January 21, 2006

Are we Millenials?

I think that a few of us are still young enough to be considered Millenials as defined by this article I just read in the NYTimes.

I got a huge kick out of the last page of the article. It does build a bit, but it's a fairly fast read, so I'll wholeheartedly endorse reading the whole thing.

I think if I'd read this before getting asked out on a date via text-messaging on my phone I'd have been less offended. I still probably wouldn't have gone, but I'd have been less offended.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know.
Then again, I am oldschool enough to still enjoy reading newspapers in print. That's probably because I'm a paper-obsessed person, but there's something about the way that headlines catch my eye when I'm working non-linearly through a newspaper section that I just can't let go of.
That said, I don't usually have time to read the paper more than just one day a week (if that) so I'm only getting the Sunday paper. =)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't really forsee e-books replacing paper anytime soon. The average person still likes reading on paper and reads about 1/3rd faster on paper than they do on a screen (sources currently allude me on this but I have seen it). And I agree with Molly even if we do IM more, use cell phone instead of land lines, etc... That is no excuse for text messaging you to ask you out.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

until e-books come up with a way to have their text show without causing eyestrain, they'll never replace books.
Also - people love the codex format WAY more than anything else, so I don't see that going anywhere anytime soon either.
"Scrolling" has a good history, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home